Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Group and Solo Bike Ride

Standing From L to R: Bob, Sandy, Ed, Greg, Christina, Stephen
Sitting From L to R:  Wally, Tom, Ron, Gary, Rey
This morning’s ride was another ride that had a good mixture of road biking and trail/sidewalk riding. This morning’s bike of choice was my road bike.

I started out riding with Ed, Rey, Gary and Wally. Forget riding with the advanced group, their main focus is speed and nothing else. I’m into this biking thing for the fun of it, not to test my speed and endurance every time I saddle up.
Taking a break in Vista View Park
After coffee and snacks, I rode with the same group as far as Boy Scout Road in Davie. It was there that I veered off towards the south and towards Vista View Park.
Not in the mood to climb Mt. Trashmore, I simply road through the park, crossed the canal, and then turned south on 148th Street – east on Sheridan – and then into the housing area that features an electric waterfall at
its attractive entrance.

After riding around the perimeter road in CB Smith Park, I then rode directly home. It was especially hot today, so the post ride shower felt exceptionally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment