Monday, February 10, 2014

FIVE PARK MOUNTAIN-BIKE RIDE

To be honest, I wasn't planning on biking this morning. But then I remembered that Monday’s are for zapping zeroes, not Tuesday or any other day of the week.

So off I went into the wild blue yonder of South Florida, making up my route as I went on. I wanted a meditation type ride at an easy pace, so I aimed for nearly every noteworthy park in the Southwest Broward area. I think I got them all.

Monday being a work day, each park was nearly empty of people. Nice! There were only a smattering of bikers, joggers and walkers meandering on the trails, as well as an occasional mom pushing a baby stroller.

At one point, to get my bike and myself inside a particular park, I had to do some dirt and grass cycling. This happens when you get lost! I didn't think I’d ever get out of that quagmire of muck and grass. And then when I was riding out of another park, I almost lost it when the tires hit an unseen pocket of deep, loose sand. I was pleased with my quick recovery and unrivaled balance, though.

This was a fun ride in near perfect conditions. The temperature was between 71 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit. 

I sure do love winter in South Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment