Sunday, February 16, 2014

US ROAD CYCLING 50-MILE MTB RIDE

“Don’t be afraid to love” That’s what was spray painted on the concrete surface of the New River Greenway where I stopped to take a photo. And I was totally unaware of the script until I uploaded the photos from my camera onto my computer’s hard drive. What are the chances of that happening?

Anyway, I left our home this morning around 6:30 a.m. with a particular goal in mind. That goal was to ride my mountain bike on trails and sidewalks for 50+ miles.

The specific route that I chose was generated by me using the web site, RidewithGPS.com. Satisfied with the route, I uploaded the course into my Garmin Edge 500, attached the small GPS unit to my mountain bike, and then away I went into the dark of morning when the temperature was reasonably comfortable at 46F. During the 50 miles of cycling, I don’t believe the temperature rose too much above 70F. It was a beautiful Sub-Tropical day in South Florida.
This 50-mile bike ride was relatively easy because of the cool temperature and because I stopped every 15 miles of so to reload my drink bottle. I also enjoyed a small snack every time I refilled the 20oz bottle. A well fed cyclist is a happy cyclist.

Bottom line is that my mission was accomplished. I’ll now post my ride and results online and then wait for US Road Cycling to mail me my February 50-Mile finisher’s medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment