Monday, March 12, 2012

Tour de Walt Disney World

My Granddaughter and My Oldest Daughter
If standing in long lines count for mileage, kindly put me down for multi-hundreds of miles surrounded by swarms of hurried humanoids, young and old, large and small.  And based on how many strollers that we tripped over and were run over by, both single wide and double wide, it's safe to say that the people of Disney World are prolific breeders.  

Overpopulation was never more evident than it was in Walt Disney World!

If ever I can pass on to my friends and acquaintances a good piece of advice, never, ever visit Walt Disney World during a spring break.  Don’t even consider it!  In our case, seeing as though our granddaughter only had this period of time to take a one week hiatus from college, we really had no choice.

Anyhow, we ended up walking approximately nine miles in and around WDW’s Magic Kingdom.  The mileage is for real but the time and pace was tallied by using the actual Garmin distance and the actual time inside the park, which was 11+ hours.  Add roughly eight hours of steady turnpike driving to and from the magical park, much of it during darkness, then you’ve got one heck of a day/night, multi-disciplined workout.

But I’m not complaining! As we often say within our local running/biking group, “I’m not complaining, I’m only observing.”  Whichever it is in this case, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the most magical place on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment