Tuesday, March 27, 2012

GYM AND PICTURE DAY

With my Samsung smartphone (which includes a smart camera) in the back pocket of my Race Ready shorts, I strolled out of our gated community with the intent to enjoy every moment walking to and from the fitness center, which is a mere .37 miles from our front door.

Not content with walking directly to the gym, I took the round-a-bout route via the hospital’s parking area. After spotting and hearing two emergency ambulances stop underneath the emergency room overhang, it was evident that our hospital’s emergency personnel were having an eventful day.

Shortly after exchanging pleasantries with one of the hospital’s roving security officers (he drives a golf cart with a canvas top), I strolled into the gym and did the same with the young, attractive receptionist.

Once in the gym, I spent approximately 45 minutes jumping from one magical machine to the other, hoping that all of my hard work would make me fit and pretty. Well, I’m still waiting on those results, especially the latter – but patience in one of my virtues. (Not really!)

After pushing and pulling on most of the sleek looking machines, and then bidding farewell to some of my gym mates, I continued with my walk, this time opting to walk along the bank of our neighborhood’s manmade lake in hopes of capturing some pretty pictures. I thought that if I can’t get pretty in the gym, I at least could take some pretty pictures – and that I most certainly did.

Included in the total clock time are all the periods when I stopped and took pictures, which, according to my count, was 25 times. About 50% of my walking today was done on dirt trails and soft grass, with the remaining distance on sidewalks.

I thoroughly enjoyed today’s walk and gym workout. Have a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment