Sunday, March 25, 2012

SUCCESSFUL WALK IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD

What's so special about today's semi-brisk walk is that at no time did I feel any discomfort in the knee that has a torn ACL. Like my orthopedic surgeon told me during my last visit, "Keep biking and your knee/knees more than likely will become stronger not only for biking but for walking as well." I give him an "A" for accuracy!

Uplifting, also, is the fact that I can now think about entering some of Disney's shorter run/walks, knowing that I can stay ahead of the scoop bus.  We tentatively have our eyes on the morning 5K that precedes Disney’s nighttime Wine & Dine Half Marathon the first weekend in November.   

Secondly, weather radar earlier this morning showed a line of showers coming across the Florida Everglades heading my way, so I chose not to bike this morning with my cycling club. This was another bad call based on radar, 'cause it hasn't rained one single drop.

My walk compliments of Garmin Connect: 

No comments:

Post a Comment