Saturday, March 3, 2012

SATURDAY EXPERIENCED BIKE RIDE

As Jackie Gleason used to say, “How sweet it is.” That is my thought exactly whenever I ride with 30+ cyclists and, for the most part, everyone is in sync with one another.

We weren’t perfect this morning, but we were on the edge of perfection.

This morning’s well-disciplined bike ride was the finest pace line/peloton that I’ve ever been a part of. Only once this morning did I feel the need to scold/educate a rider for not staying behind the cyclist in front of him.

So I pointed out that…

A) “The rider behind you cannot take advantage of the pace line because you are out of line.
B) “You’re too close to me, so move the hell over.”

He moved over!

The wind, however, was a real nuisance when traveling south. And southbound is what we mostly did during the second half of the ride. A constant 15 mph southerly wind with gusts to 21 mph made the significance of the pace line even that much more important.

Weather: 83 degrees, partly cloudy, wind from the south at 15 mph with gusts up to 21 mph.  Not bad for sub-tropical South Florida.

Thank you Barry for leading this morning’s group!

No comments:

Post a Comment