Wednesday, January 22, 2014

SMALL GROUP ROAD-BIKE RIDE

This morning’s road-bike ride was typical of most of our weekday group bike rides except this time I broke off from the small group with the sole purpose of riding farther than I would have ridden had I stayed with them. 

My goal was thirty miles, I reached 34 miles. Success!

I broke off from the group at SW 26th St and 142nd Avenue.

With a steady wind of 15-20 mph coming out of the NW, the ride towards Weston was slow yet steady. The second half of today’s ride was much easier as well as a tad bit warmer than whet it was in the beginning.  The temperature at the beginning of the ride was 50F.

There were two groups today, one slow and one fast. I chose the slower of the two. 

Thanks Ed, Wally, Greg and Gary for the enjoyable ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment