Friday, January 24, 2014

A TRIO OF RIDERS

After patiently waiting for fifteen minutes, I was going to give my wheel mates two more minutes to arrive at our biking meet-up spot. If they didn't show, I was then going to map out a route of my own to do. I’m no stranger to solo bikes rides, so either way I was going to get in some miles.

First Rey arrived and then Stephen, surprised as I was that the others did not show – nor did the truants let us know that they would not be riding today. Oh well, maybe some of them shied away from the low temps and strong northerly wind. Quite frankly, it was a perfect day for a ride.

We took the typical boring route to Einstein Bros Bagel shop in Weston. But after we enjoyed our snacks and coffee outdoors on Einstein’s patio, we rode on a combination of bike trails and roads, ending up in Robins Park in Davie, FL.

Greeting us in the sub-tropical park were several attractive young ladies on horseback, smiling from ear to ear as they galloped past us while we were crossing the narrow bridge that is located near the east side of Flamingo Gardens.

In the horses wake, of course, were a few obstacles to dodge. My only request was that my wheel mates in front of me miss the dung piles. We all know how rear wheels throw water and debris back towards the trailing biker.

Thankfully, my wish was granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment