Monday, January 27, 2014

IMPERIAL HALF CENTURY BIKE RIDE

Shortly after signing up earlier this morning to compete in a virtual 50-miler with US Road Cycling, I decided that there is no better time than today to hit the road and trails for the Imperial half century. The thought of earning a medal for my efforts was my motivation.
 
So that’s what I did this morning, pedal my Felt Road Bike 50+ miles – partly with my cycling mates and partly by myself.
 
Approximately 70% of this ride was on asphalt bike trails and concrete sidewalks, which greatly decreased my overall pace. I’m not making excuses, but you just can’t get up to speed on bumpy bike trails and concrete sidewalks.
 
Anyway, near the end of today’s route loomed Mt. Trashmore in the Town of Davie’s Vista View Park.
 
After climbing the mountain, I met a lady at the top of the mount that was managing a professional photo shoot. Here’s the story: Just last night, my youngest daughter assisted the lady in Wal-Mart when the lady lost the keys to her rental car. She concluded that she lost the keys while trying on shoes, and thought maybe the keys were dropped inside a shoe.
 
The lady was in tears, so my youngest came to the rescue and found her keys – and yes, they were inside a shoe. Diane also helped her find a nice pair of sneakers to wear on the photo shoot.
 
And by golly, she was actually wearing those blue sneakers when I met her on the mount.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment