Thursday, February 4, 2010

POST MARATHON BLUES

Dear Mr. Post Marathon Blues,

Hola, Mr. Post Marathon Blues, how you been doin’ the past ten or eleven months?   

Shortly after completing Walt Disney World’s 2010 Goofy Challenge and Miami’s Half Marathon, each event taking place within three weeks of one another, based on past experiences I expected you to pay me an unwelcomed visit.  Like clockwork, and just like I feared you would, you did briefly rear your ugly, predictable head.    

However, unbeknownst to you, I have a plan to keep you at bay – at least for awhile.  This is a surefire plan, one that will keep me high and dry and unreachable by the likes of you. 

Want to know what my plan is?  Are you ready for this?

To keep you out of my life, I’ll simply keep signing up to run/walk more marathons, half marathons or something similar.  I maintain that if I always have an event on the horizon, events that don’t necessarily have to be marathons, then I’ll never again be bothered by you or your kind.  Simple solution, don’t you think?

To initiate this new plan of mine, I recently signed up to run a half marathon along beautiful A1A in Fort Lauderdale on the 21st of this month, and another half marathon taking place in Port St  Lucie on the 27th of March - and you’re not invited.  There, how’s that for bluntness? 

Furthermore, Mr. Post Marathon Blues, there are other upcoming events that I plan on doing.  Not just to keep you at bay, but also for the physical and mental benefits realized from running, walking, swimming, biking, and working out on resistance machines.

And if I do experience a down period due to our area’s intense summer heat and humidity, then I’ll take up a hobby.  Paint by Numbers comes to mind.  This home office that I use often could use a stimulating scenic picture or two.  And while the paint dries, there is always summer swim training in the early mornings and late afternoons when the sun casts long shadows across the sub-tropics.

You’ve no chance of survival…

Adiós, hasta la vista
Bob         
          

No comments:

Post a Comment