Monday, August 19, 2013

FLORIDA EVERGLADES/WILDERNESS MTB RIDE

Sandy S and I rode our mountain bikes where most humans would only dare to go. Only wild pigs, possums, raccoons, snakes, alligators, Big Foot and mosquitoes dare to venture into the areas that we playfully explored this morning.

We did visit Everglades Holiday Park, a human-friendly oasis where many South Florida tourists stopover for a look see at the Florida Everglades and for air-boat rides.

There was one mishap today, when I fell sideways into a muck pit surrounded by saw grass and stink weed. I was laughing when I was falling and laughing when I lay there amidst one of nature's most harsh environments.

Our one break was at the bait and snack shop inside Holiday Park. While peering across the river of grass, we enjoyed our individual sandwiches, chips and soda pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment