Sunday, February 12, 2012

NEIGHBORHOOD MTN BIKE RIDE

After opting out of this morning’s group bike ride because of the strong wind, I later decided to do seventeen miles on our neighborhood's sidewalks just to break even for the week at 100 cycling miles.

There’s not too much I can say about this ride other than it was truly enjoyable riding past the many spirited children playing in the parks, casually observing people scurrying about in the shopping mall, and then going extra slow so that I could truly appreciate the flowering trees, grassy fields and all the sub-tropical shrubs and flowers that Florida has to offer.

Stopping for a moment when circling our lake, I happily observed the many ducks and Ibis that call that particular body of water, home.

But most of all, above all else, I appreciated my freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment