Tuesday, December 13, 2011

THE THREE CABALLEROS

No matter how much I try, and how necessary it is for me to ignore running events, I just can’t seem to stop myself from signing up. Today was another classic example.

After listening to The Amazing Race’s third place finisher tell the audience that you should never give up, I jumped up from the couch, told my wife that I’m signing up for Disney’s Three Caballeros 5K that takes place this coming January in Walt Disney World, and then I did just what I swore I would never again do – sign up to run/walk another running event.

Not only did I sign up myself to walk the 5K, I signed up my wife as well. We had discussed this possibility days ago that if I felt up to it, I might give the 6th of January’s 5K a try seeing as though I am compelled to drop out of the subsequent Goofy Challenge, a double event that I’ve completed the past six years. 

Unable to run those distances because of knee and back issues, it’s time to pass the baton to my fabulous wife.

My courageous wife now has three running events in three days to conquer. I’ve no doubt that she has the fortitude to endure 42.4 miles in three days. And I have no doubt that she allowed me to sign her up to run the first day’s event just for me.

That’s the kind of person she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment