Sunday, September 18, 2011

TAKING A BREAK FROM CYCLING

With two running/walking events coming up at the end of this month, it might be to my advantage to give up cycling for the remainder of September. I’ve been thinking about this for some time, that I’ll need refreshed, healthy knees just to get through the morning 5K and the evening’s half marathon. Consequentially, my bike shall remain in its restful state for two weeks or more resting from multiple past rides.

To maintain my aerobic conditioning, I’ll swim nearly every day along with strength training in the fitness center. The two disciplines will suffice in keeping me in shape to endure two power-walking events, both taking place in one day.

As far as walk training is concerned, the daily trips to and from the gym will be sufficient. My legs are already like pistons from biking nearly three thousand miles just this year. The object of not biking for two weeks is to rest the knees, hence no long-distance walk or run training.

I love this healthy lifestyle.  But at times, to remain healthy, one must keep everything in moderation, which  to me is agonizingly difficult when it comes to cycling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment