Sunday, December 22, 2013

MIRAMAR/BASS CREEK ROAD MTB RIDE

After leaving my estate shortly after 8 a.m., I headed south towards Miramar hoping that I would be able to find the Bass Creek Road Bridge that crosses Interstate Highway 75. I chose that particular bridge because of the wide bike lane and the fact that there are no on-ramps or off-ramps. Safety is my middle name!

I did find the bridge and I also found a wide asphalt bike trail that runs between 172nd and 178th Streets as well as Pines Boulevard and Miramar Boulevard. Large sections of the bike trail ran through a tropical island that reminded me of Gilligan’s Island. I believe I even spotted Ginger Grant walking her white poodle. Gilligan was nowhere to be found.


Heading home via Sheridan road was a breeze, a pesky breeze that was blowing in from the southeast between 15-20 mph. Thanks to the weekend traffic, which was surprisingly light, crossing the normally-busy Sheridan Street Bridge was easy as pie.

This was a lovely winter ride on my mountain bike, one that convinced me beyond a doubt that I live in a tropical paradise.

Did I mention that the average temperature was a comfortable 76F?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment