Thursday, October 13, 2011

MEDICAL REPORT

The waiting game has begun!

With the severity of my knee (make that both knees) and back pain at their zenith, I  found it necessary to visit my orthopedic surgeon’s office yesterday for a consultation regarding the popular lubricating knee injections. Although I did not actually speak with my doctor during yesterday’s visit, during a previous visit he strongly recommended the series of five injections in both knees.

During yesterday’s brief visit, his able assistant confirmed my need for the injections.  He then set the ball rolling whereas my insurance company is concerned – and they most definitely will be concerned when they discover the costs. Whether or not they will pay is another question all together. But if they do pay, what percentage will they pay and what percentage must I pay???...hence my anxiety over the entire monetary matter.

The lower back is another issue, one that will be addressed next Wednesday at the same medical office, only with a different doctor.

Spinal Stenosis can be very debilitating at times, and unfortunately I’ve reached one of those times. Understandably, the morning time is the worst. Repeated stretches and torso twist does help somewhat. But even after doing the stretching and twisting, any sudden bodily movement will typically send an awful pain down my lower back and down the back of my legs. 

To alleviate or eliminate the back pain, an epidural injection is forthcoming. Receiving the injections used to be a semi-annual occurrence. I haven’t had one in two years – mostly because I have all but eliminated running from my exercise disciplines.

Bizarre as it may seem, I’m essentially looking forward to needles intruding my body. Anything to ease the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment